Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pregnancy - How to Get the Doula Out of the Birthing Mom

Posted by Carri:

So I am due any day now, but I am still working on changing my mindset from doula (one who helps other women give birth) to the woman who is giving birth and needs to be supported. I have no answers to this dilemma at the moment. This is my current "homework" I was assigned by my midwife today. We talked today about how I am having a hard time visualizing the birth and my need to be emotionally be prepared, not just physically. In past births I didn't do any births while pregnant, so I didn't seem to have any problems with emotionally preparing myself. This pregnancy I did a lot of births, and while I loved doing all of these births, I think it is going to take some time and focused effort to remember how to be the birthing mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment